Jeanne T. Tate
Jeanne T. Tate is a Board Certified Adoption Attorney and the managing partner of Jeanne T. Tate, P.A., with offices in Tampa, Naples, Orlando and Merritt Island. Jeanne has an extensive and exclusive practice in the area of adoptions and is a member of the prestigious Academy of Adoption and Reproductive Attorneys and the Florida Adoption Council.
For many years in a row, Jeanne has been named in The Best Lawyers in America, Florida’s Legal Elite, and Florida Super Lawyer, including as one of the top 100 lawyers in the State of Florida. Over her career, Jeanne has won several prestigious awards including the U.S. Congressional Angel in Adoption Award, the Tampa Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Leader of the Year, the Florida Adoption Council’s Lifetime Achievement Award, the Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (HAWL) Achievement Award, the Tobias Simon Pro Bono Service Award (the highest statewide pro bono award given by the Florida Supreme Court) and inclusion in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers. Jeanne has been appointed to serve on the Adoption Law Certification Committee, the Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee, the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Court Nominating Committee (twice) and the Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission (twice). Additionally, Jeanne has been an Adjunct Professor at the University of Florida College of Law where she taught Adoption Law and Procedure for six years.
Jeanne has appeared on local and national television on the subject of adoption, has been active in Interstate Compact Adoptions, and has been integrally involved in adoption issues before the Florida legislature.
Jeanne is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying that the legal community ranks her "at the highest level of professional excellence."
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF LAW
Juris Doctor with Honors, 1981
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
B.A., Journalism with High Honors, 1979
- United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Six Circuit Court of Appeals
- Florida Supreme Court
- Florida Bar
- Board-Certified Adoption Attorney
Awards & Affiliations
- Board Certified in Adoption Law
- Best Lawyers in America
- Florida’s Legal Elite
- Florida Super Lawyers (top 100 lawyers in state)
- U.S. Congressional Angel in Adoption Award
- Tampa Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Leader of the Year
- Florida Adoption Council’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (HAWL) Achievement Award
- Tobias Simon Pro Bono Service Award (the highest statewide pro bono award given by the Florida Supreme Court)
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Florida College of Law where she taught Adoption Law and Procedure.
- Florida Adoption Law Certification Committee
- Florida Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee
- Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Court Nominating Committee
Florida's Putative Father Registry: More Work is Needed to Follow the Established National Trends Toward Stable Adoption Placements
Florida Bar Journal Vol. 82 No 1 (2008)
Scarlett Letter Law Abolished
Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers Journal (July, 2003)
Hillsborough County Bar Journal (2002)
Co-Author, Construction Litigation: Trial Strategies and Techniques
Wiley Law Publications (1989)
Federal Court Motion Practice: Civil Prose and Procedure
63 Fla. Bar J. 31 (1989)