Finding and Selecting Adoptive Parents
A Birth Mother's Perspective:
When thinking about how to find your “perfect” adoptive family, here are some things to consider:
- Do you prefer a certain race? Religion? Background?
- Do you prefer a two-parent family or a single parent? Same sex couple?
- Do you prefer an in-state couple? Out of state? Out of country?
- Do you prefer that the adoptive parents are childless?
- How involved would you like them to be?
- What do you want to know about them?
- Do you want to meet them?
- Do you want to have them come to your doctor’s appointments? Your delivery?
Please contact Jeanne T. Tate, P.A. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 813.258.3355) if you want to review profiles of adoptive parents, meet with a counselor and discuss whether adoption is right for you.
Jeanne has focused her practice on adoption law for over 30 years and has helped complete adoptions for thousands of families.