Adoption Assistance Grants
Our clients have received significant grants to assist with their adoption costs.
Gift of Adoption is the largest provider of adoption assistance grants awarded without regard to race, religion, age, marital status, or sexual orientation. Grants of up to $15,000 are awarded monthly to qualified applicants to remove prohibitive financial barriers and make possible the adoptions of children in vulnerable circumstances in the U.S. and around the world.
When To Apply
There is no application deadline. Families are invited to apply any time after completing their home study and before finalization.
Gift of Adoption awards grants to families in all 50 states. Any U.S. citizen who has an approved home study from a licensed and accredited adoption agency is eligible to apply for a grant. Financial need must be demonstrated.
Who May Apply
While not solely limited to these categories, Gift of Adoption has identified the following as its greatest priorities:
For domestic adoptions, the priority is to award grants that:
- Complete Relative, Kinship, or Fictive Kin adoptions.
- Help keep children from unnecessarily entering the foster care system.
- Unite biological siblings or prevent them from being separated.
For international adoptions, the priority is to award grants that:
- Unite or preserve biological siblings in the same family.
- Prevent a child from ‘aging-out’ of the orphanage or foster care system or becoming institutionalized and ineligible for adoption.
- Facilitate the placement of a child with a life-threatening medical condition who will not receive proper care until adopted.
How To Apply
Get started today! Families can begin the application process anytime on their website: https://giftofadoption.org/apply-for-a-grant/